Monday, January 31, 2011

Niceness

Some loveliness via My Favourite and My Best (one of my daily reads)...
 I just find this space so completely liveable and so stylish. Normally lilac turns me into mayor of barftown but I actually don't mind it here... It's offset so well by the lighting. I don't know if I would put a painting that size between the windows (my natural inclination would be to put a column of smaller pictures there, with nice dark frames to contrast the curtains? But that does seem a bit obvious...)


I love this space, especially the desk and that turquoise leather chair. It's kind of lovely and retro without being stiflingly so - I think the shelving and the daybed helps. Although I probably wouldn't choose that colour for the daybed upholstery - perhaps a pale pink? Like a rosier version of this...

Which I also think is just so so pretty. I don't even care if it's the type of thing that 4 or 5 years ago I would have thought was the absolute apex of design - grey, pink and black is always a great combination.


LATERS HATERS

No comments:

Post a Comment