Tuesday, January 25, 2011

True Grit

I am sneaky so I saw this tonight:


I gotta say, it was pretty rad! I love Jeff Bridges, and I love Matt Damon (Maaaaaaaatt Daaaaamonnn) and I thought Hailee Steinfeld was pretty rad in it too! I thought Josh Brolin was pretty transformative - his voice and lope really work well - my problem with Josh Brolin is that I never remember him in anything. Perhaps that could be construed as a good thing? Except half the time I can't remember the characters either. I didn't even realise he was in Melinda and Melinda or The Dead Girl! Although he was pretty excellent in Planet Terror. Perhaps me not knowing much about him is the fault of my own retardation.

I won't say too much seeing as I guess pretty much everyone hasn't seen it yet but I will say I didn't like the ending of True Grit. I thought it was kind of retarded, and although I appreciate that the voiceover is a bit of a Coen Brother's trademark - I just don't like it in general. That's all I will say though, along with the fact that overall I enjoyed it immensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment